Where the lemons grow, have you heard of Helena Rosemary’s book? Well, here in Sicily, we can change the title to ‘Where lemons grow abundantly’ 🙂
You know how we are working on this recipe, maybe because you joined us online on Airbnb, or you’re just a part of our network, receiving our newsletter, or booking one of our online culinary courses.
Well, when we make improvements on this recipe, we’ve decided that every time this happens, we’ll share it on our recipes blog. After all, this is a recipe that you don’t make just once.
Encapsulating the flavors of Sicily is not a one-shot deal; so, let’s move on.
From the previous recipe and the vegan version, here, we want to introduce the new one with some improvements.
Annarella Lemon Spaghetti, the update version
Ingredients 4 persons
- 2 lemons (organic lemons using the zest of)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 table spoon extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 12 oz spaghetti
1. Zesty Lemon Zest:
- Begin by grating the zest from both lemons into a bowl.
2. Lemon’s Tangy Elixir:
- Squeeze the juice from one of the 2 lemons into the same bowl with the lemon zest.
3. Cheesy Delight:
- Add 1/2 cup of freshly grated Parmigiano cheese to the lemon-infused bowl.
4. Basil Bliss:
- In a blender, combine 1/2 cup of fresh basil leaves, 3 table spoon of extra virgin olive oil and a splash of cold water. Blend until it forms a smooth basil pesto.
5. Bringing It All Together:
- Cook the pasta of your choice according to package instructions until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving a cup of pasta cooking water.
- In a large bawl (you can use the same where lemon pesto is done), toss the cooked pasta with the lemon zest, lemon juice, and grated Parmesan.
- Add the basil pesto and toss the pasta until it’s well coated. If the sauce is too thick, add a bit of the reserved pasta cooking water to achieve your desired consistency.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper.
6. Serve and Savor:
- Plate the lemon pasta, garnish with basil leaves if desired, and serve immediately.
In the world of culinary delights, like Lemon Spaghetti in Sicily, recipes are living entities. They evolve, they adapt, and they become even more delicious with time. The flavors we capture today are a reflection of the past, a nod to tradition, and an embrace of the future.
Our journey with Annarella here on our Farm in Sicily continues, and it’s not just about mastering a recipe. It’s about the joy of discovery, the thrill of adaptation, and the warmth of sharing. Cooking is an art, but it’s also a means of connection, a form of wellness for the collective soul.
As you explore this and other recipes with us, remember that the kitchen is a place where stories are born, and where the legacy of tradition is etched in every dish. Cooking together and sharing with one another is an act of kindness and a path to collective well-being. So, let’s keep creating, sharing, and savoring the flavors of Sicily together. Buon appetito!
Feel free to use this article on your blog, making any necessary adjustments to match the style and content of your website. Enjoy the taste of Sicily!